Getting rid of systemd-sysv-convert?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 21 22:08:21 UTC 2013

Am 21.06.2013 23:52, schrieb drago01:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Why?
>>
>> *why not*
>>
>> is fedora now using systemd or sysv-init?
>> in my life i make descisions and follow them straight
>
> That's a non argument really. Do the scripts work or not? They do so
> there is no urgent need to convert them asap

with your argumentation *a lot* of replacements in the last few
years had no need to be done because things worked and still
would work fine and it would have saved a lot of trouble

define *urgent*

systemd was introduced with F15, now we have F19 in a foew weeks
these are *four* major upgrades - wehn do *you* think is time
to finish things started with F15?

next year?
in 5 years?
never?
short before the next "drop-in replacment"?