Fedora 19 Final blocker status: fix and karma requests

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 17:20:20 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 07:24:15AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> > Just because someone decided "there has to be a size limit and if we
>> > don't meet that target we block the release" does
>> > not mean that this is the right thing to do (note: it isn't). A limit
>> > only makes sense if you target a CD.
>> As noted in my previous message, we are in fact still targeting optical
>> media with the live images: the multi-live DVD image.
>
> Small size is also desirable for cloud images -- it makes them easier to
> manipulateand faster to deploy. I know that's not the _current_ discussion,
> but I hope people remember that if optical media go away (or increase 10x in
> capacity, or whatever), a small core still has practical advantages.

Two things:
 1) no one really uses the desktop image as a basis for cloud
 2) having no limit does not mean people will stop caring about size
... as this example shows. If someone cares he/she can work on
reducing size.
But we do not need to enforce it using arbitrary limits.