Minimal install diff from F16 to F19 (TC6)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 24 16:09:15 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 04:05:35PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > The situation I described above is a feature, not a side-effect.>
> It's a feature for the cloud infra provider. It's an antifeature for
> everyone else. There is value in providing more features infra-side. There
> is no value in restricting functionnalities vm-side to favor the infra.

Having managed reasonably large and complicated server infrastructures in
reasonably large and complicated network environments, running on both real
hardware and in virtual machines, I very much disagree. Sure, there are
corner cases where you want more flexibility, but for the majority, the
encapsulation of complexity is absolutely a good thing.