[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts/f19] add @basic-desktop to install so basic desktop environment is available

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 19:11:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 13:32 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 11:03:39 -0700,
>    Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >I'm also not a fan of changes during freeze, but this one at least seems
> >to have worked out fine.
>
> In theory changing the kickstart files requires building a new spin-kickstarts
> release for inclusion in the source DVD.

We have not, in fact, built a spin-kickstarts that matches Final RC1 or
RC2 yet anyway. The last build was 2013-05-24.

I have it on my release checklist to ensure a matching spin-kickstarts
is *built*, but I've never considered it required to go into the frozen
package set at the point of building the RCs. AFAIK it's always been OK
to get it done once we declare an RC as gold, so we know what
spin-kickstarts state to build exactly.

> It would really be nice to enforce no changes to spin-kickstarts not
> associated with a blocker or freeze exception to be pulled in during freezes.

I mostly agree with that, but it seems no-one ever wants to do it, and
I'm not sure of the logistics of freezing a git repo.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey