Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Fri Jun 28 16:39:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:25:58AM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> - Say we ground all the wheels to a halt and slipped for this bug.
>   Where to do we draw the line? If someone comes up with a bug at
>   9:50am on release morning, do we cancel everything? There has to be a
>   point where we say "sorry, it's too late" and this has been it since
>   it makes sense from a logistic standpoint.

If at 9:50am on release morning we discovered that the installer would
format all connected drives if the month had two digits, I'd like to
think we'd do something about it. It's inevitably going to be a
judgement call based on the perceived harm in releasing as is against
the harm caused by slipping, just as it is at any other point in the
release process. Current policy effectively says "There is no issue
sufficient to delay release after we've said an image is good", and I
don't believe that that's true.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org