Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jun 28 18:04:47 UTC 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:46:51 -0700
Richard Vickery <richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Matthew Garrett
> <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:26:52PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> >>
> >> If at 9:50am on release morning, aliens threatened to blow up the
> >> world if we shipped, we'd certainly do something about it.
> >>
> >> But it would be insane to expect us to *document* that we'd do
> >> something about it.
> >
> > Why? "Beyond this point the release will only be delayed if an
> > issue is discovered that is deemed of exceptional importance" is a
> > perfectly reasonable thing to document.
> >
> Agreed. If added, and the end user demanded something unreasonable,
> this would cover us and justify a delay.

Well, the problem is then someone would ask "What is exceptional" ?
So, we would need some process to determine that.

Based on this line you could also ask what we would do if some horrible
deadly bug was found _after_ public release. Should we remove images?
Disable mirrormanager? Repin the release? 19.1? 20?

Anyhow, if you would like to amend the release process, feel free to
write up a proposal.

kevin