Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013
kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jun 28 20:36:20 UTC 2013
On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:13:09 +0200
drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Matthew Garrett
> <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:
> > and we have no history of producing updated
> > install images.
> Is there *any* reason why we can't? This sounds like a reasonable
> thing to do. Just because we have not done it in the past is not a
> reason not to.
Sure we could. We would need to:
* Have some way to freeze things so we could stablize for the release.
* Anaconda team willing to work on updated release + next release at
the same time.
* releng folks avilable to compose stuff.
* QA folks available to run through all the release tests.
* Mirrors willing to have another pile of release bits
* Marketing/press folks willing to put together stuff for the release
* Docs willing to update any release notes, etc.
* Any additional tooling needed if we call this 19.1 or something.
So, all this is doable, it's just a lot of resources to try and move
around, so personally I would only be willing to go down this road if
it was something really really really severe, and it would need buy in
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the devel