Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 28 21:16:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 22:43 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 22:13:09 +0200
> > drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Is there *any* reason why we can't? This sounds like a reasonable
> >> thing to do. Just because we have not done it in the past is not a
> >> reason not to.
> >
> > Sure we could. We would need to:
> >
> > * Have some way to freeze things so we could stablize for the release.
>
> We should use the GA package set + the fixed build not get all updates in.
> It is to fix one bug not to create updated images.

I think there's some confusion here. You now actually seem to be talking
about the specific question of producing an updated install image one
time, for this one issue, but at first it seemed like you were
advocating it as The New Way Forward.

Assuming we find a single simple change that Fixes Mac UEFI Dual Boot in
anaconda, then from a purely technical standpoint, yes, we could
theoretically throw together a boot ISO and DVD with the fix in quite
easily. All it'd need would be a new build of anaconda with only that
fix, and someone to run pungi a couple of times.

Given the apparent constraints on network access on Macs it might even
make sense to do that in this particular case, if someone wants to spend
the time on it.

The way I'd envisage that happening, though, is that we stick them up
pretty unofficially with a 'this is an image we think might install
better on Macs, use it if you like' label on it. I definitely wouldn't
want to go around sounding trumpets and calling it Fedora 19.1.
Something altogether less official and more low key seems appropriate.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey