Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Jun 29 00:51:56 UTC 2013

On Jun 28, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think you may be labouring under a bit of a misapprehension about what
> should be tested, here. The distinction between a TC and an RC is not
> large. An RC can only happen after freeze and must have all blockers
> fixed: if a build after freeze doesn't have all blockers addressed, we
> call it a TC.

The distinction between TC and RC is large in that an RC1 *could* be final release. And since this particular bug wasn't in TC6 but was in the very next build, RC1, I think that's consistent with suggesting more time between an RC and a go/no-go. I'm not saying e.g. maybe there shouldn't be freeze exception fixes in RCs. Just a bit more time when certain packages are touched.

Although even better than that would be more recruitment of Mac users to do installation testing, so that it's possible to get installation tests done for at least RC1s. I tested it in a VM, foolishly not testing it on baremetal. RC2 hit, and I missed that since RC3 came soon after and immediately tested that on baremetal. But between RC3 and go/no-go was a matter of hours.

Chris Murphy