More unhelpful update descriptions

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Jun 29 14:08:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 07:44:22PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> We need written policy on update descriptions, since despite the last
> discussion on this list [1], poor update descriptions continue to
> blemish the otherwise-professional image of the distro. A starting point
> suggestion: "Every update should have at least a one sentence
> description." If the update is not worth writing one sentence about, it
> is not worth pushing out.

If the update fixes a bug which is properly mentioned in the bugs field,
why does this fact need to be mentioned again in the update notes? It
should be obvious that an update fixing a bug is worth pushing out.

Also instead of writing policy, better make Bodhi allow to easier write
good update notes, e.g. by using/including the upstream, RPM or GIT
changelog, so it can be easily used if it already contains the necessary
information.

Regards
Till