More unhelpful update descriptions

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 17:04:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 19:44:22 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> There still seems to be an issue with the update descriptions that we
> present in PackageKit. A lot of people just write "update to version
> x.y.z" which is not great, but a whole lot better than some of the ones
> we've been seeing recently. For example, from two updates I got today:
>
> * "Not tested locally yet, I need to spin back up a Fedora 18 VM."
> * "Here is where you give an explanation of your update."

Somewhat glad you've opened a thread about it. Not sure it can be fixed
within bodhi. Whatever bodhi may implement to force people to enter
"Details", some people will cheat. Here's a hero:

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-8239/libwpd-0.9.8-1.fc19

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-8247/libmspub-0.0.6-1.fc19

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/libodfgen-0.0.1-1.fc19

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-8444/libcdr-0.0.14-1.fc19

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-7489/libreoffice-4.0.3.3-1.fc19

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-7392/libmwaw-0.1.8-1.fc19

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-7101/liblangtag-0.5.1-1.fc19

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-6969/libwpg-0.2.2-1.fc18

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-7013/libwps-0.2.8-1.fc18
  | This is one of the strong, silent updates.

There are many more. Some are almost funny. I just hope we agree on
how to present Updates to the user community. No further comment.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.6-301.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.07 0.03 0.05