Fedora 19 status is ALIVE, GA on July 02, 2013

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jun 29 19:23:57 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-29 5:29, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 02:06:38 +0100,
>   Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:
>>
>> I like the idea of 19.1 pretty unofficially or untested, which fix
>> some
>> issues on mac installs. Which is basically someone run pungi with new
>> boot installer stuff.
>
> The Unity guys used to do QA'd (by them) respins of Fedora. In those
> days anaconda seemed to be a lot more sensitive to other package
> versions and getting it to work in the respins was a bit of work.

If anything anaconda is more dependent on other packages than it used to
be these days. It no longer has its own 'first stage loader' (it uses
dracut since F17), it no longer does its own network configuration (it
uses NM), and there are other similar less large-scale changes that have
gone in in the last few releases. Taking more advantage of shared
components has been a focus of anaconda development since F16 or so.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey