More unhelpful update descriptions

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 21:18:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 8:10 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 09:39:01 -0500,
>   Michael Catanzaro <mike.catanzaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2013-06-29 at 07:34 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>>> I think it does now. I forgot to add a note when rushing one of the
>>> spin-kickstarts updates and bodhi didn't work and reminded me to add
>>> the note.
>>
>> But just yesterday I got an update with the placeholder text.
>
> I don't normally turn javascript on. Maybe that makes a difference.

I think the difference here is the web interface vs. `fedpkg update`.
Both will probably yell at you if the field is just blank, and that's
the default for the web interface, but `fedpkg update` includes some
placeholder text which it will happily pass on through if you don't
change it.

Perhaps the real fix here would be to just remove that placeholder
text (and double-check that the bodhi CLI rejects updates with blank
descriptions)?  Personally I just find it really annoying to have to
backspace that out and fill in proper information every time I use
`fedpkg update`.  It would make a lot more sense to me if it were just
blank and screamed bloody murder if it's not filled out.

-T.C.