Maintainers wanted for packages from 2013-02-27 FESCo Meeting

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Mar 1 00:24:38 UTC 2013

On Qui, 2013-02-28 at 14:58 +0100, Rave it wrote:
> > At today's FESCo meeting there were two tickets which had the end
> > result of needing to have new maintainers and comaintainers for some
> > packages:
> >
> > == https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1028 ==
> >
> > tor package was reassigned to a new maintainer.  Former maintainer
> > dropped ownership of his other packages.  Those are now orphaned and
> > in need of a new owner.  Note to potential new maintainers: although
> > not mandatory, you may want to open an optional re-review request as
> > the spec files for some of these may be very out of sync with the
> > current Fedora Packaging Guidelines
> >
> > * clamav
> I've added me as comaintainer to clamav and i'm willing to take
> ownership if it is orphoned.
> Shure, i will do a new review request because i want to reorganized the
> package like it is for epel.
> Fedora's version is total user unfriendly, ie. needed to copy
> configuration files by hand and no default daemon configuration.
> I used the epel version for a long time for myself, because you need
> only installation and enable the the daemon, that's all.

Hi, I also use clamav as daemon and I use fedora package, recently I
upgrade the box, that use clamav, to Fedora 17. I had to do a new
clamd.service based on what exist, so here it
is /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd.service :

[Unit]
Description = clamav server (clamd) daemon
After = syslog.target nss-lookup.target network.target
Before= spamassassin.service

[Service]
Type = simple
ExecStart = /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamd.conf --nofork=yes
Restart = on-failure
PrivateTmp = true

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target