Fedora 19 schedule's new home & plans

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 13:38:37 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > 5. new TJ3
> > And the main goal of the move, cleanups and so on is to jump on TJ3
> > board - I have initial port done, but a lot of changes are needed
> > and I'd like to start with TJ3 based schedule from a clean old one.
>
> What is TJ3 and why does it matter?
>
> (I'm guessing TJ is TaskJuggler, but I have no idea why the version
> of
>  the tool matters to anyone other than the few people actually using
>  the
>  tool.  Does it have some cool new features that will benefit
>  others?)

Ops, sorry, I should state it's TaskJuggler, not TJ. One advantage is,
we can get rid of kdepim3 (should be one of the last users) in distro.
Also the second version is no longer developed, and the third one is
rewritten from scratch in Ruby, adding a few nice features but port
could be still tricky, it's still missing a few TJ2 features and GUI...

As we always share the source code of schedule and everyone can "hack"
on the it, the tool matters at least for these people.

Jaroslav