F16 and F18: bugzilla, bugs and EOL

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 4 15:12:20 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Jaroslav,
>
> On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 06:38 -0500, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > Btw. as asked frequently in the previous EOL thread and to make it
> > easier for me and upcoming guys responsible for EOL - the script is
> > now available in the GIT of Fedora Project Schedule hosted project
> > [1].
>
> thanks for putting this up! This will make it easier to understand
> what
> EOL script is doing and suggest improvements.

You're welcome! The script itself is pretty dumb, just closes the
bugs served by the CSV file. For the queries, see for example [1].
To improve the process, I have an idea of running the script for more
passes. First to close the bugs with clear resolution - in the new,
assigned, on devel statuses. As these are pretty clear nobody touched
them, or just assigned. And then the second round for more corner
case ones - as in the modified state etc. And based on the amount of
the bugs (I can't check 1000 bugs manually), do the final close down
using common sense, not a script.

And I'm as always open to any other ideas and now even patches ;-)

Jaroslav

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Fedora18