RFC: Fedora revamp proposal

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 5 22:30:58 UTC 2013

Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> We also propose to build up automated tests to verify the tier 1 and
> tier 2 functionality, and use those tests on newly-built packages to
> gate inclusion in rawhide.

Please no! Extending the already painful red tape we have in stable releases
to Rawhide will completely stall development!

And it's all the more ridiculous that this is being proposed after we
allowed the team for one of our most "core" components (Anaconda) to
KNOWINGLY break its functionality in Rawhide, forcing a release slip. What
use is it to add more tests against unintentional breakage which are
inevitably going to slow down all Rawhide builds (especially chain builds)
when we are happily tolerating INTENTIONAL breakage?

        Kevin Kofler