MariaDB replacing MySQL

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Mar 9 18:43:23 UTC 2013

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 19:20:08 +0100
Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> > "When I asked you to repost with just a link, I didn't mean also
> > attach the orig email with the 20k spec file that was the reason the
> > mail was too long in the first place."
>
> maybe you should make clearer what you want if you force people to
> search in their archives because add the SPEC was a niceness from me
> to explain the rest of my post - my "mariadb.spec" is much smaller as
> many posts

To be clear, this was me, in my role as moderator of this list.

I just don't think every subscriber on this list wants a copy of your
mariadb spec when interested people can just follow a link to it.

> > The moderator gave the following reason for rejecting your request:
> > "Can you file a bug with your suggested mysql improvements, and/or
> > repost this with just a link to your spec. Thanks"
>
> my post contained the SPEC-file which is plaintext and the sources and
> patches are the same as in the MariaDB src.rpm from koji, and as i
> said there are a lot of changes besides the Obsoltes/Provides which
> are far away from fedora guidelines

Right. I suggest you file a bug and note your specific improvements
for the mariadb maintainers. They can evaluate them, there's no reason
it needs to be on the list.

kevin