RFC: Fedora revamp proposal

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Mar 11 18:55:39 UTC 2013

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Well, not sure it would. If builds were tagged into f19-pending and the
> tests ran from that, then tagged into f19, the max delay would be when
> a newrepo just started and it has to wait for the next newrepo to be
> added. The min delay would be that it gets added and newrepo starts
> right then.
>
> So with current newrepo tasks about 13min per newrepo, so thats 13 or
> 26 min per build.

+ the time it takes to run the tests themselves! The more tests you add, the
longer they will take.

> Hasn't this been discussed to death? We could have taken the hit in f18
> and landed the new anaconda, or we could have reverted and taken the
> hit in f19 to land the new anaconda, etc. It had to be done, sooner is
> better than latter.

How is sooner better? It led to a release slippage by months (!) and the
installer that was released is still missing features (not only the
intentionally dropped ones, which are another issue entirely). It would have
been better to punt the new Anaconda to F19 or even F20, if it had to be
done at all.

        Kevin Kofler