Unhelpful update descriptions

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 06:39:01 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/12/2013 01:30 AM, Dan Mashal wrote:
>>
>> Semantics.
>

> Providing a link is helpful to users isn't semantics.  You as a package
> maintainer would be aware of where to look for reviewing the changes before
> pushing an update.  Users don't since it is different for different projects
> and is not necessarily obvious or even easily searchable.  Just take that
> few seconds of additional effort and provide the link.
>

> Rahul
>
> --

Right because you do that for every single update you push?

Honestly, I'm done arguing my point. Other people in this thread have
made arguments for it, other people including yourself have made
arguments against it.

This is turning into a "what should the default desktop be"
discussion. So I'm dropping off.

This is a SHOULD not a MUST. If you have packaged for a while, you'd
get that. From your previous emails it doesn't seem you are.
Hopefully, this one makes my point more clearly.

Dan