twinkle: Intent to retire

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 07:36:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 02:03:16 +0100, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Has Fedora *ever* had a functional soft-phone?  I ask this because I
> > have tried many, and none of them *ever* worked
[...]
> I've successfully used Twinkle for the last three or four years,

Using SIP since 2005 as mostly the only phone and Twinkle was always the only
one that worked, despite I tried many.  I never wanted to use Twinkle due to
its ugly GUI but Twinkle just always worked.

> I *once* had Ekiga working, but it gave me so many problems a few years ago
> that I had given up on it.

Exactly.  I even bugreported multiple SIP incompatibilities and got them fixed
in opal but it still was not enough for practical use.  Maybe it has changed.

Jan