Improving the Fedora boot experience

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 08:55:53 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:18:33 -0500
> Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/11/2013 04:13 PM, seth vidal wrote:
>> > I want to encourage kids, teenagers, etc to explore the OS. We need
>> > them to be involved in CREATING and LEARNING. So I don't want to
>> > scare any of them off.
>>
>> My OLPC does not present any boot menu or prompt.
>

> That's not an argument for why we should not present one. It is an
> argument for why they should be.

Sorry but that's nonsense. Pretty much all other operating systems do
not display the boot loader by default and you see this as a reason
for showing it?
What kind of weird logic is that? Or do you really think we can have
"we do show a screen that you won't care about most of the time on
every boot" as a selling point for fedora?