Improving the Fedora boot experience

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Mar 12 11:58:21 UTC 2013

Am 12.03.2013 12:04, schrieb drago01:
>>> Sorry but that's nonsense. Pretty much all other operating systems do
>>> not display the boot loader by default and you see this as a reason
>>> for showing it?
>>> What kind of weird logic is that? Or do you really think we can have
>>> "we do show a screen that you won't care about most of the time on
>>> every boot" as a selling point for fedora?
>>
>> who cares about OTHER operating systems?
>
> You can't develop an operating system while living under a rock you
> have to look at what the competition does

surely you CAN and you SHOULD

does the other operating systems let you select older
kernels for whatever reason? no they don't!

with the attitude of the last few years from the begin
i would still not know that i can boot older kernels
if after aupdate the machine refuses to start and if
you are in that situation you have no google