Improving the Fedora boot experience

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Mar 12 22:23:33 UTC 2013

Am 12.03.2013 23:13, schrieb Simo Sorce:
> On Tue, 2013-03-12 at 22:37 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 12.03.2013 22:34, schrieb Simo Sorce:
>>> I reboot VMs a lot for development, 2 seconds do make a difference
>>
>> Bruhahaha
>>
>> 100 reboots = 200 seconds = 3.3 Minutes more for 100 reboots
>> well, i boot probably more VMs you have ever seen BUT if two
>> seconds are really counting you are doing something terrible
>> wrong and should take a deep breat and a coffee
>
> Wehn  you spin 100 Vms at the same time and do not care when they come
> up you are not in teh same situationa s someone doing development and
> waiting doing nothing on the particular VM he is testing

who speaks of spin up 100 VMs at the same time?

i am doing also development and reboot test-VMs often
but if you believe 2 seconds boot-time make and difference
you are doing all wrong - some people hammering permanently
on their machines and get hurted by two seconds, others are
thinking before the are doing technical stuff, you can guess
which are having more success at the end of the day