Improving the Fedora boot experience

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 22:15:13 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-12, 11:45 GMT, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> users _have to_ interact with is solid?  Like having a prompt for the
> hard disk passphrase that tells the user in text what is necessary,
> and actually looks like a text input field?  (Have you seen how
> confused a newbie is when turning on a Linux computer owned by
> somebody else and encountering the prompt?)

And which doesn’t nonsensically short timeout, so that I manage to get
booted sometimes only on third or fourth attempt (yes, I am easily
distracted to do something else while the system boots up; you have
a problem with that?) I have never understood the sense of this timetout
anyway ... if I want to let stay half-booted system (before the hard
drives are unencrypted) while I go for weekend trip, why should systemd
have to have problems with that?

Matěj