Improving the Fedora boot experience

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Mar 12 23:10:26 UTC 2013

Le Mar 12 mars 2013 21:53, Máirín Duffy a écrit :
> I tried breaking this thread down into its components and summarizing
> the discussion and points brought up thus far. I hope it helps:
>
> http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/2013/03/12/improving-the-fedora-boot-experience/

Máirín,

The proposal discussed here is not to "keep the hood on the car".
The proposal is to remove any indication there is a hood, and show the
user a seamless surface with no hint it can be opened (or how).

No one there objects to pretty hoods. They object to fixing the hood
appearance by removing any indication of a hood.

Good car design is not removing the emergency tail lights button because
it "ruins" the panel appearance. Good car design is to keep the emergency
tail lights button, and make it pretty. Even if regulations demand it is
bright red when the designer wanted a smooth black panel.

--
Nicolas Mailhot