Unhelpful update descriptions

Jasper St. Pierre jstpierre at mecheye.net
Wed Mar 13 00:17:28 UTC 2013

What is the point of the RPM changelog then?

The last time I wanted to send a bodhi update, it gave me a transient file
that I filled in, and then my ssh key was rejected for some reason, and I
didn't have really want to deal with remembering what I wrote last time, so
I wrote "new upstream release".

Most everything I write comes from the upstream NEWS file, unless it's the
addition of a distro patch, which I'll write in the RPM changelog.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:

> Dan Mashal wrote:
> > Have bodhi grab it from the RPM change log spec file. Don't make
> > packager do more work than they already have to.
>
> The RPM changelog is not the place to describe what upstream changed, the
> Bodhi notes are.
>
>         Kevin Kofler
>
> --

  Jasper