Improving the Fedora boot experience

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Mar 12 22:04:04 UTC 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 12:23 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> and you learn by FACING things

I'll leave it up to you to mention this to the very next blind person you encounter.

>> Even if I were to see a coherent list of kernels in a list by their date,
>> it's unlikely I as a new user would have made the leap to try another option
>
> with this argumentation you can follow the current attitude
> to make linux-systems to the same blackboxes as other
> operating systems

Right, because changing default behavior is identical to using an obscure binary encoding for config files, and then closing the source code.

Is life just barely survivable for you with GRUB not in debug mode by default?

> but the better option for us all would be if people with
> this attitude switch to these operating systems instead
> damage slowly what we know as UNIX-LIKE system

Oh how adorable! It's a fuzzy variation of "if you don't like it in this country, get the f out!" It's so warm and cuddly!

Chris Murphy