tomcat6 unresponsive maintainer & deprecation

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 10:03:54 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

I see 2 reasons:
* Ivan haven't expressed such will - as neither you nor I can speak for himself until he decides whether he wants to do it and apply in pkgdb it's a non option
* tomcat6 screws many things in the distro as a whole - even if someone picks it up tomcat6 would need to modified a lot to not provide unversioned servlet/jsp/etc. which is work that noone wants to do (at least noone yet) for old versions.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team