How to update to Ruby 2.0.0 in Rawhide?

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Wed Mar 13 13:00:33 UTC 2013

Dne 13.3.2013 13:40, Richard W.M. Jones napsal(a):
> I just got notification of this broken dependency:
>
> libguestfs has broken dependencies in the F-19 tree:
> On x86_64:
>          1:ruby-libguestfs-1.21.19-1.fc19.x86_64 requires ruby(abi) = 0:1.9.1
> [etc]
>
> No problem with that.  However I tried to install the new Ruby on my
> Rawhide machine, but it doesn't seem to be available in the
> repositories.  Short of installing it by hand from Koji, is there
> something I have to do get the new Ruby version?
>
> Currently I have:
>
> ruby-1.9.3.385-28.fc19.x86_64
>
> Rich.

Hi Rich,

It was merged yesterday afternoon, so it might take time to propagate
through mirrors I guess, but it is definitely available in Koji [1].

Btw I did some update script, I am using personally [2], though for Ruby
bindings it might not be very usable. It should be enough to run
`update.rb yourpackage.spec` which should do the basic modifications
mandated by updated Ruby packaging guidelines [3]. I know it is not
overdocumented, sorry about that :/

Vít

[1] http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/repos/rawhide/latest/x86_64/
[2] https://github.com/voxik/fermig