Improving the Fedora boot experience

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 13 14:43:20 UTC 2013

Le Mer 13 mars 2013 15:26, Máirín Duffy a écrit :

Máirín,

> I would argue that throwing information up in people's faces 100% of the
> time when it's useless to over 95% of those people is like throwing a
> text in Japanese at a non-Japanese English speaker in the hopes that
> somehow they would be able to read it and magically become fluent in
> Japanese.

I'm French. You don't need to preach the evilness of pervasive English
intrusion in non-English-speaking countries to me:) Yet I will take some
English boot text over no text at all any day. It is definitely evil but
in that case it's the lesser one.

If you're lamenting the cryptical form of the current strings I totally
agree with you but I don't think there is any technical limitation that
prevents improving this text instead of dumping the baby with the bath
water.

--
Nicolas Mailhot