Improving the Fedora boot experience

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 15:51:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-13 17:29 (GMT+0200) Sebastian Mäki composed:

>> * remove the hood of the car, and keep it off in case something
>> goes wrong, or to entice new drivers to look in there and guess
>> what is going on. * keep the hood of the car on, and if something
>> goes wrong, pop it. If the driver wants to tweak, or have a look
>> around let them pull the lever and pop the hood.

> I was pretty much unable to do anything when my hood release froze
> this winter. The only way to get under the hood and fix a problem with
> starting the car was to wait for warmer weather.

No amount of waiting within my expected lifetime would have helped me. The
battery died, and the hood cable broke at the latch. No amount of sheet metal
disassembly was possible with the hood latched, even after removing the
grill. I had to go find a similar car to study its latch mechanism, then
squeeze in between the puddle and the bottom of the car and reach up with a
big screwdriver to fram on the latch mechanism until I got lucky and hit the
right spot to make it release.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/