Improving the Fedora boot experience

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 13 16:27:14 UTC 2013

On Wed 13 Mar 2013 12:19:39 PM EDT, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> This is no luck, you are using the exact class of hardware @rh dev use,
> which is pretty much the safest setup for Fedora (and it's not the least
> expensive hardware on the market either).

This is my last message to this thread.

I am not using the same exact class of hardware that Red Hat developers
use. Since 2008 or so I've been using convertible wacom tablet /
laptops made by Lenovo - my first was the x61T, now I'm using an x220T.
And the x220T, while it works great, spews out a lot of annoying acpi
errors whenever I suspend / unsuspend / boot that I'd really not like
to see and I'm sure I wouldn't see if more developers were using the
same model.

The developers I sit with do not all use Thinkpads. Many have Dell or
HP laptops or desktop boxes. The hardware isn't as homogeneous as it
was back in 2004-2005, the standard issue IBM Thinkpad days.

~m