Improving the Fedora boot experience

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Mar 13 18:45:46 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> said:
> On 03/13/2013 02:33 PM, Chris Adams wrote:
> >Also, dropping the boot loader menu might be okay for single-OS
> >systems (I'm not convinced, but whatever). What about dual-boot? If I
> >tell someone running Windows to try Fedora to see Linux in action,
> >they are not going to be very happy if, after installing, there's no
> >obvious way to boot back to their "normal" Windows install.
>
> That has been rehashed many times already.  If it is a dual boot system,
> the GRUB menu will have a timeout.

Sorry, I have not seen it "rehashed many times" in this thread, but
maybe I missed a bunch of messages.

Then for consistency, treat single-boot (with multiple kernel options)
the same as dual-boot.  There's not enough gain to justify extra code to
handle single-boot vs. dual-boot.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>