Improving the Fedora boot experience

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed Mar 13 19:55:28 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:14:05AM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On 03/13/2013 09:23 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
> > Then you have good students. Are teens and pre-teens fedora's main
> > target audience now? I'm really not sure what it is anymore.
>
> Is there any good reason to exclude them?
>
> I started using Linux (Red Hat 5.1) as a 3rd year high school student.

My first thought was (think 5.0, at that time people called it the most
buggy release ever:P): this stuff is complicated!

Reasoning: You want to finally try out this Linux, and even in just one
second you have to spend effort to figure out what it is doing. It gave
the impression of a steep learning curve and that I maybe should've
bought a book first (considered a book as expensive thing and not sure
of the benefit).

Of course things changed a lot since then.

--
Regards,
Olav