Improving the Fedora boot experience

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 13:56:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-14 at 09:09 -0400, Steve Clark wrote:
> On 03/14/2013 07:06 AM, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> > > That's going to be real fun when the OS fails to boot, and I can't fix
> > > the boot because I can't get into the boot loader because the OS fails
> > > to boot.
> > +1
> >
> Yeah Lennart what do you do then?

If AIUI only the OS sets up USB, only the USB will be able to use it.
Unless GRUB does its own USB setup, it simply doesn't matter in that
case whether or not the GRUB menu is shown, if you can't type in it.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty