Improving the Fedora boot experience

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 14:35:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 18:05 +0100, Jan Dvořák wrote:
>  *  Holding key on BIOS machines usually results in a long beep
>     sound and keyboard lockup.  I never understood why.

AIUI, key repetition and a very short buffer holding only a low number
(16 I believe) of unprocessed key events. When the buffer filled up, the
BIOS beeped and all following events were discarded.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty