Rawhide Bugzilla Rebase Warning

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 13:24:58 UTC 2013

Hi,
as decided on yesterday's (2013-03-13) FESCo meeting [1], we are going to restart
the Rawhide Bugzilla Rebase process [2]. Historically, it was tight to the Branch
day, but to give you more time to adjust your bugs, it will happen no sooner than
in one week from now - it means 2013-03-21.

We will be automatically changing the version for most rawhide bugs to Fedora 19.

This will result in regular bugs reported against rawhide during the Fedora 19
development cycle being changed to version '19' instead of their current
assignment, 'rawhide'. This is to align with the branching of Fedora 19 from
rawhide and to more accurately tell where in the lineage of releases the bug
was last reported. As the process wasn't followed for several releases, more
bugs than the Fedora 19 development cycle will be hit, but this will lead to
Bugzilla cleanup once Fedora 19 will hit End of Life.

Note that this procedure does not apply to bugs that are open for the 'Package
Review' component or bugs that have the ''FutureFeature'' or ''Tracking''
keywords set. They will stay open as rawhide bugs indefinitely.

If your Tracker bug does not contain ''Tracking'' keyword, please update it, so
the bug is not accidentally closed.

If you do not want your bugs changed to version '19', add the ''FutureFeature''
keyword.

Please, let me know in case of any concerns/objections.

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1096
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers/HouseKeeping/Fedora19#Rawhide_Rebase