twinkle: Intent to retire

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 06:58:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 08:36:57AM +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 02:03:16 +0100, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Has Fedora *ever* had a functional soft-phone?  I ask this because I
> > > have tried many, and none of them *ever* worked
> [...]
> > I've successfully used Twinkle for the last three or four years,
>
> Using SIP since 2005 as mostly the only phone and Twinkle was always the only
> one that worked, despite I tried many.  I never wanted to use Twinkle due to
> its ugly GUI but Twinkle just always worked.

  I have switched from twinkle to linphone about one year ago,
the reason were the crash on twinkle. linphone just works in my
experience. Of course I have used ekiga in the past but it wasn't
too happy with Cicso hardware.
  If we loose twinkle we will still have those two,

Daniel

veillard at redhat.com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/