Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

Bjorn Munch bjorn.munch at oracle.com
Fri Mar 15 11:19:54 UTC 2013

On 13/03 15.05, Michael Scherer wrote:

> > We have run rpmlint on the package and it reported a number of
> > problems. Many have been fixed, but this file lists a couple of
> > problems to be ignored. Either they're not actually errors (e.g. a few
> > zero length files) or they should be fixed upstream.
>
> We do not really use rpmlintrc like this, as rpmlint config is just a
> python script, and I think this would be too dangerous to have it
> executed automatically ( even if that's not really different from spec
> for that matter ).

This is not used automatically, it's been used when running rpmlint
manually and is included for documentation purposes (and for anoyne
else who might want to run rpmlint manually).

- Bjorn Munch

PS There's something odd with the timing of this email: it dropped
into my inbox less that two hours ago and all the Received lines in
the header are also from this morning, but the message itself is dated
the 13th at 15:05. Is there some strange delay in the mail server?