dnf installs cron.hourly

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 15 15:16:26 UTC 2013

Am 15.03.2013 16:11, schrieb Daniel P. Berrange:

>>> Heh. That's one of the things I love about DNF. No longer having to
>>> wait a long time for repo downloads when runing 'dnf' because the
>>> cron job has already cached it, is great. I wish yum would do this by
>>> default too!
>>
>> There's a yum-cron package. It did just that for years.
>
> Users shouldn't have to go searching out that kind of thing in a
> separate package IMHO, it could just be part of stock yum install.
> If it needs to be optional a config param would suffice, rather
> than the big hammer of installing/uninstalling extra RPM to enable/
> disable a feature.

and hwat let you come to the conclusion that if you have
it to enable in a config makes anything different?

have it enabled as DEFAULT is plain stupid

did you ever see "checksu mismatch" from YUM?
i saw this once download the metadata from ALL known mirrors
resultig in some hundret MB traffic over night in background

thanks god that i have
a) a fast line
b) no traffic limit

if you pay for traffic over limits such "features" can ruin you