dnf installs cron.hourly

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Mar 15 18:44:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 02:29:19PM -0400, Casey Dahlin wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 07:14:39PM +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> > 1) Changing the mechanism would not resolve any of the questions discussed here.
>
> Systemd is a bit cleaner to admin, and turning the service off wouldn't make an
> oddity show up in rpm -qaV like moving a cron job aside would.

  Also, turning periodic job ON during installation would be the matter of preset,
like with normal services.  Not the matter of packager's mood.

  There was a decision of not _migrating_ cronjobs to timer units yet. But I
think we should ban _introducing_ new cronjobs.  Instead, new periodic jobs
should be introduced as timer units.

--
Tomasz   .. oo o.   oo o. .o   .o o. o. oo o.   ..
Torcz    .. .o .o   .o .o oo   oo .o .. .. oo   oo