MariaDB replacing MySQL

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 17 17:30:52 UTC 2013

Jared K. Smith wrote:
> Yes, we heard you the first three times you said that -- and it's
> still not happening, at least for now.

Each of the three times pointed out a new showstopper-level problem with
having the 2 forks coexist. It's sad that no amount of technical
impossibility is convincing the decision-makers to rethink their dead-end
decision.

> You're not doing yourself any favors by repeating yourself, especially
> when others on the thread are working through the technical details of how
> to make things work properly.

No amount of "technical details" is going to make things work PROPERLY. It
is provably impossible. At best we are going to have a very ugly and user-
unfriendly hackaround.

        Kevin Kofler