f19 mass branching

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 17 18:12:55 UTC 2013

drago01 wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
>> It's simple: always do a rawhide build, then do your branched build.
>
> Nice way of wasting people's time ..... :/

Always building in Rawhide first is a good habit people should always get
into, plus this change solves a common problem: You never knew whether you
could rely on inheritance for a particular package or whether a Rawhide
build had already been made. Now you don't need to check that anymore, you
know that you always have to build for Rawhide. Really, it makes things much
simpler.

I, for one, never liked Rawhide inheritance and I think it's a good thing
that it was dropped.

        Kevin Kofler