fedora release name problem

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Mar 19 03:05:16 UTC 2013

On Mar 18, 2013, at 8:44 PM, Andre Robatino <robatino at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> If we do, shouldn't there be another vote asking if it's okay to make this
> change, in light of the possible release delay?

Definitely not. There is equivalent that doesn't require apostrophe or umlaut (diaeresis) characters. Legal will have a far less difficult time with this than flat out incorrect spellings, or new names.

> It's not the name that was originally voted for.

Schrodinger is not the man's name, and is the wrong solution. Schroedinger is as acceptable as Schrödinger.

> If the release name only needs to apply to the Final release, the name could be
> temporarily changed to "Schrodingers Cat" for Alpha if it takes longer to hold
> the vote.

I disagree any duration of the incorrect spelling of a surname is acceptable. For a private/closed project it might be tolerated for internal distribution only, but I'm skeptical. For a public project I don't think it's appropriate.

Chris Murphy