Packages requires /sbin/service.

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Mar 19 12:57:02 UTC 2013

Michal Sekletar wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 11:27 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Reindl Harald wrote:

>> > but WHY are they not saying it clearly?
>>

> Yes, they are saying it very clearly (see [1]).

Sigh, indeed.

"In addition, Fedora packages MUST NOT place files or directories in the
/bin, /sbin, /lib or /lib64 directories. Instead, the /usr/bin, /usr/sbin,
/usr/lib, and /usr/lib64 directories must be used. Packages must assume that
/bin, /sbin, /lib, and /lib64 are symbolic links to the /usr/bin, /usr/sbin,
/usr/lib, and /usr/lib64 directories, respectively."

IMHO, this needs amending to say:
In addition, *new* Fedora packages MUST NOT ...

and add language to recommend taking special considering modifications of
existing packages, especially those that other packages depend upon.

-- rex