fedora release name problem

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Mar 19 16:55:55 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, drago01 <drago01 at gmail.com> said:
> How about spending time and energy on fixing the bugs rather then bike
> shed over whether we should apply a duct tape or not?

The problem is that there are possibly many unknown bugs that could hold
up building composes, and it is just about time for composes to start
going out the door.  I don't feel it is worth holding up composes over a
name that can easily be changed.

Repeating what was said earlier: the proper way to do this is to treat
it like a feature (making all release name handlers UTF-8 and shell
quote safe), and start working on it now for F20.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>