abrt server report: 20130321

Richard Marko rmarko at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 15:43:16 UTC 2013

On 03/21/2013 04:16 PM, Mamoru TASAKA wrote:
> Josh Boyer wrote, at 03/21/2013 11:18 PM +9:00:
>> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Richard Marko <rmarko at redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>> On 03/21/2013 02:50 PM, Richard Marko wrote:
>>>
>>> In last two weeks these components were crashing the most:
>>>
>>> 1. kernel seen 45496 times (36% of all reports)
>>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/586553/
>>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/258569/
>>>
>>> 2. xulrunner seen 12020 times (9% of all reports)
>>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/244577/
>>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/294757/
>>>

>>> These two quite popular problems both contain proprietary modules so
>>> I would
>>> like to use this opportunity to start a discussion about inclusion of
>>> reports containing proprietary or non-supported modules in our
>>> statistics.
>>>
>>> My questions are:
>>>   - are these helpful or not?
>>
>> For the kernel, no.  ABRT won't even file to bugzilla if the proprietary
>> taint flag is set, so we will never look at them.
>
> Oh, does this explain that xscreensaver (which I am the maintainer)
> was listed as "most destabilized components" with 203 jumps, however I
> did not receive such many bug reports?

No, these are not yet reported to bugzilla but the server already caught
multiple similar reports. If the bugzilla ticket is not created
by one of the reporters, the server will create it automatically after
some time.

> (I guess most of these crash reports are related to hacks using OpenGL,
>  so maybe many of them are related to proprietary X drivers??)

Not sure, take a look at these:
http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/525874/
http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/615049/

Regards,