abrt server report: 20130321

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 18:20:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-03-21 at 19:16 +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Jiri Moskovcak <jmoskovc at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> How are problem reports like this updated?  How do I say "I built a Mesa
> >> that I think fixes this problem, please change its state to MODIFIED"?
> >
> > - the state is synced with associated bugzilla tickets periodically
> > - if the problem doesn't have bugzilla ticket it's not possible to change
> > it's state, would like such option?
>
> I wouldn't worry about it too much as such.  Developers typically
> track their bugs in bugzilla (and you've said that all reports
> eventually get into bugzilla), encouraging everyone to have one more
> system to track issues is just added overhead.

Right, I'm not sure it makes sense methodologically to 'close issues in
faf'. faf is meant to track the occurrence of crashes/bugs, not track
work on fixing them. At least in my conception, the concept of 'the bug
being closed' just doesn't really apply to faf.

I suppose what would make more sense is to allow the maintainer of a
package to force creation of a BZ report associated with the faf report,
instead of waiting for faf or a reporter to do it?

> It would start to be interesting if the report could be marked as
> "fixed in bodhi update NNNN" and abrt would show this to the user with
> a "your problem has been fixed, please update".  Still, that's more of
> an integration with other systems that adding extra user-modifiable
> states to faf.
>     Mirek
> --

Adam Williamson