let's just use Schroedingers Katze as the fedora 19 release name

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 21 22:03:46 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-21 15:40 (GMT-0600) Chris Murphy composed:

> Martin Sourada wrote:

>> Schroedinger Cat sounds much more natural then Cat of Schroedinger…

> Except it's linguistically incorrect. Cat of Schroedinger is genitive case, as is Schroedinger's Cat. And although the alternative is uncommon in English, it's still correct. It's common in German. Schroedinger Cat is wrong. Schroedingers Cat is wrong.

Fesco's simply naming its child. If birth certificate entries are any
indication, there is no such thing as misspelling a name prior to it's having
been officially recorded. In this case, I would think that point in time
would be announcement of official F19 release.

IMO, if you want a name that will commonly be seen in print misspelled, and
that many would have no clue how to type correctly with common keyboards (if
that's even possible), keep the diacritic. If not, a spelling including oe
instead makes good sense, with or without of or s or apostrophe.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/